This website is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be collected within the United States. By using our website, participating in any of our services and / or providing Dancing Ducks with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Dancing Ducks recommends that parents and guardians supervise the online activities of their children. Parents should instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses, phone numbers or other personally-identifiable information without permission when using the Internet. We recognize a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children.
Dancing Ducks is committed to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"). Dancing Ducks does not knowingly collect any personally-identifiable information from children under thirteen (13) years of age unless the collection complies with COPPA. We will advise any children under the age of 13 that they must obtain permission from their parent or guardian before sharing personal information with us.
Upon request, Dancing Ducks will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been collected about their child during use of this site. A parent or guardian may have a child's personally-identifiable information deleted or refuse to permit any further collection of such information by Dancing Ducks by contacting us as provided in the "Contacting Dancing Ducks" section below by email, phone or mail.
If we do collect personally-identifiable information from children under the age of 13, we will use that information solely for the internal business purposes of Dancing Ducks or its agents and we will not sell or otherwise distribute such information to third parties. Anytime we collect information from a child under the age of 13, we will not ask them to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the related activity. We will not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 access to any features of the website that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally-identifiable information without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian, except as set forth in the "Exceptions to Verifiable Parental Consent" section below. Parents and guardians have the right to consent to the website's collection and use of their child's personally-identifiable information, while saying no to any disclosure of the information to third parties.
In the event of any inadvertent submission (e.g., email) to Dancing Ducks by a child under the age of 13, we will not knowingly keep any personally-identifiable information that is included in the submission, if we know that the child is under the age of 13. We will not knowingly post any personally-identifiable information that is inadvertently included in a child's submission to a general audience contribution area if we know that the child is under the age of 13. These submissions will be deleted and handled anonymously thereafter.
Exceptions to Verifiable Parental Consent:There are few instances where we will not obtain verifiable parental consent prior to collection of personally-identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, such as:
- Collecting the name or contact information of a parent or guardian for the sole purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notification to the parent or guardian;
- Collecting a child's contact information solely to directly respond to the childs request on a one-time basis, provided that we will not use that information to re-contact the child for any other purpose and further provided that we will delete such information from our system after responding;
- Collecting a child's contact information to directly respond more than once to a specific request from the child, provided we will take reasonable steps to notify the child's parent or guardian that the child made such a request and inform the parent or guardian of the information provided by the child. A parent or guardian will have an opportunity at any time to revoke the child's request. We will not use the child's personal information to re-contact the child for any other purpose.
- Collecting a child's name and online contact information to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the safety of a child participant on the website or online.
Information That Dancing Ducks Collects:Some areas of this website may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from the specified features (such as email newsletters, forums, and special offers) or to participate in a particular activity (such as sweepstakes or promotions). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
Dancing Ducks collects the following information:
- Personally-identifiable information is information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your real name, address, phone number, gender, date of birth, or e-mail address). Providing personally-identifiable information is voluntary. You may, however, not be able to use the full functionality of this website if you do not provide certain information. Dancing Ducks collects personally-identifiable information that you provide during your use of the website, including:
- information you provide when you sign up for any services (e.g., newsletter or marketing offers) offered on the website; and
- information collected when you contact us via online forms (providing feedback, sales questions, etc.) or offline methods (e.g., telephone).
- Store Purchases: We collect and use credit card information through our third-party credit card processors and do not store the credit card number after the purchase is complete. However, for historic receipt purposes, we do store the card type (Visa, MasterCard, etc.), the last three digits of the card (e.g., xxxx xxxx xxxx x123) and expiration date. These appear on your receipt page.
- Web Server Log Information: An IP (or internet protocol) address is a number that is assigned to your computer or network when you are on the internet. Dancing Ducks collects non-personally-identifiable web log information regarding visitors to its website and each visitor's activity on the website. This information includes, but is not limited to your IP address, the time and date of your visit(s), the pages you visit, the frequency of your visits and the length of stay on each page, your browser type, and information that identifies any linking or referral web page visited prior and /or subsequent to visiting our website.
How Dancing Ducks Uses Your Information:
Except as otherwise stated, we may use information collected via this website to improve the content of our website, to customize the website to your preferences, to communicate information to you (if you have requested it), for our marketing and research purposes, and for any other purpose specified. In addition, we may make unlimited use of all information acquired through this site that is not in personally-identifiable form.
We only use personally-identifiable information collected from you for the purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected. We will only use personally-identifiable information to contact you:
- to provide you with requested information, services or content;
- to notify you about Dancing Ducks' new product and services offerings;
We will not sell, transfer or share your personally-identifiable information with any third parties, except for legal compliance purposes, as described in the "Assignability" section below, if you give us your consent, and to third parties that we engage to handle and manage certain technical processes, analysis of data or other functions (e.g., credit card processing, fulfillment of purchases and fulfillment of promotions and sweepstakes that we sponsor). For purposes of the preceding sentence, "legal compliance purposes" includes, without limitation, compliance with laws, cooperation with any governmental investigation and disclosure whenever Dancing Ducks believes disclosure is necessary to limit its legal liability or to protect or enforce the rights, interests, or safety of the website, our users or any third party.
Dancing Ducks may use non-personally-identifiable information for many reasons, such as system administration, marketing analysis, to audit use of our website and to report aggregate information to our business partners. Dancing Ducks may disclose aggregated non-personally-identifiable information to third parties.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personally-identifiable Information:
You should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
Contacting Dancing Ducks:
You may leave Dancing Ducks' website by clicking on certain links on Dancing Ducks' website. Many of these links take you to websites and online content that are not operated by Dancing Ducks and are beyond Dancing Ducks' control. We will not knowingly provide any link to a third party website that is unsuitable for children. Some of these links may even include Dancing Ducks' logo as part of a joint marketing arrangement. If you "click" on these links, you will be taken to a third party website. Dancing Ducks has no control over and is not responsible for the content of any third party sites to which you link. In addition, these other websites have their own privacy policies and practices that may differ from Dancing Ducks', and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any other website you visit.
Dancing Ducks takes reasonable steps to secure its systems and to secure your personally-identifiable information on our systems, including limiting access to the personally-identifiable information contained on our servers. Unfortunately, data transmissions over the Internet can not be guaranteed to be secure. Dancing Ducks makes no warranty regarding the security of any information you transmit to Dancing Ducks or that Dancing Ducks will be able to prevent unauthorized access to, use of or disclosure of personal information and you do so at your own risk.
Dancing Ducks reserves the right to disclose, share, assign and/or otherwise transfer user information, including without limitation personally-identifiable information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of its assets, or any other corporate change or restructuring, whatever form it may take.